I need to revamp my list of summer goals because in my haste to not fall behind, I’m gotten way ahead of myself.
* I’ve read Diary of Anne Frank
* Painted the ceiling in my bedroom (which brightens it up considerably)
* been running regularly
* Ate a sandwich while sitting outside talking to a friend (picnic)
* Chapter 4 of Passage to India
* Table is fixed
* Made a dirty martini that was very close to perfect– still a work in progress
* Went to movie theatre with self-service butter dispenser and $5.50 movies before noon, and it was a magical place for a number of reasons which I will now list.
Not only do they serve delightful Coca-Cola products, but they also provide small plastic cups to fill with butter and take to your seat with you so you don’t have to saturate the top of the bucket while leaving the bottom dry. Genius.
My friend and I got the “Jumbo” sized popcorn and soda, which has unlimited re-fills for only $10. They have a second concession stand on the theatre side of the lobby so you don’t have to walk all the way around and take more time when you go to refill your jumbo-sized concessions at a crucial moment during Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
I’ve joined their movie club, which is free, and that’s already netted me a cool $.50 off popcorn or beverage next time I patronize that establishment.
I have a collector’s bucket, with handle, and Indiana Jones’s face of it still 3/4 full of the leftover popcorn.
Best movie theatre ever.